Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Evils of Youtube

Enter one keyword into the Youtube search engine and you're off. Perhaps it's your favorite band, an actor or a comedian. Either way, you're sure to find numerous videos you never knew existed, or never dreamed you would see.

Their 1992 appearance on a late night talk show? Can't miss that. Rare footage from a performance at a state fair in the late eighties? It's like you've hit the jackpot.

Soon you'll get greedy and want to view every video possible. Before you know it several hours have passed, your butt has fallen asleep and you have nothing to show for your day. Youtube makes television seem quite innocuous.

5 comments:

Josh Nicolay said...

I've probably logged over 1000 hours on youtube this year alone. I think I have a problem....

I can definitely relate to this sentiment.

Michelle L. said...

I think many people, including myself, can relate to this. Just one more thing the internet has to offer and to keep you glued to the screen.

Christie Leigh Babirad said...

Excellent blog and so true, even though I feel ashamed to admit it. You Tube is definitely contributing to my lack of concentration in relation to the Media Effects paper we need to have written by Friday!! Good Job!

Regina Cassell said...

Brandon, it's week 13. Week 13 = 13 entries.

And, don't use the word "you"

michael bray said...

Good video addiction description-good examples. Humorous voice. Fun to read.